Keeping the Compy Cool

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
Heat is your computer's worst enemy. Heat retards electric currents and makes things burn. A Heat wave where your room temperature suddenly becomes 90 degrees boosts your computer's temperature that much more. Does anyone have any tips to share on improving computer cooling without going out and buying a water or vapor rig?

Today I blew/scooped out accumulated dust and hair from the past 2 months and managed to lower my CPU temp from between 20-30 degrees.

Ahh... yes. It is also a digital camera's worst enemy. Due to overheating mine won't send pictures, it has to remain cool at all times.

Today I blew/scooped out accumulated dust and hair from the past 2 months and managed to lower my CPU temp from between 20-30 degrees.

My computer hasn't been feeling well the last few days since I relocated it. Taking the above as a suggestion, I blew out what little dust was there using the increasingly cold can of compressed air, and voila, lo and behold, it's running now!

Ah, Nick. Glad to hear it. It's always really depressing when the fruits of your procreation aren't well. I should probably Dust-Off my computer again too, since a few restarts ago, like your problem, it couldn't find my hard drive.

Back