The Movie

Supposedly in the Movie they bite off the final broadcast episode of Ni-Ki-Oh! Season 4, in which the duelists face off against the original "creator" of the shadow games, Anubis. Don't know if he duels or they have to fight him, but I hope they saw "The Mummy Returns" and know to go for his head...

Here is the official summary from 4Kids Entertainment:

After the conclusion of the Battle City Tournament, deep below the sands of Egypt, an ancient evil has awakened. Anubis, who was defeated centuries ago by Yugi's mysterious alter ego -- the ancient Pharaoh -- has returned for revenge. Wielding the power of the Eighth Millennium Item, Anubis is determined to destroy Yugi and take over the world!

It's to be released on August 13, 2004.

There was also another Yu-Gi-Oh movie that was only in Japan. It wasn't really a movie though. It was only about 30 minutes (slightly longer than a regular episode) and it was about a boy named Shogo who got a Red-Eyes Black Dragon in a pack but still couldn't find the courage to duel. This movie also features that famous line:

"The Blue-Eyes White Dragon will bring victory. However, what the Red-Eyes Black Dragon brings is not victory, but potential. There must be a card somewhere that represents this potential. However, this is only for the one who has the courage to duel. Whether or not you find this card is dependent on whether or not you find the courage to duel."
- Old Lady

The Eigth Millennium Item, eh? Sounds really cool, I wonder what Anubis will look like in the movie. Oh, and the due date, is that the English Version or the Japanese one?

I believe the due date is for the AMERICAN one because TV Tome normally gives the dates for the AMERICAN release (not the ENGLISH one).

We have such a great Administrator. He knows just how to punish people who talk out of topic.

Anyway, I hope the movie's enjoyable. I wonder if it will introduce new cards?

Wait, how come Nick is still a newbie if he has 2 stars?

And it will have a promo card released at the movie's opening. I don't know what it is, but UpperDeck announced it on Pojo I think. I saw it earlier.

You have to get two stars to become a newbie, which is 50 posts or more. 1-stars are cretins. And of course, 0-stars are Reprimanded Buffoons and Four-Mouth Ice Skaters.

And I meant cards in the movie.

The next name should be Exiles.

I think that the Movie's promo is a Dark Magician or the new Blue Eyes thingy on the Movie poster on Pojo.com.

Th Movie is said to take place after Battle City and it is believd by some that Anubis is the 'Great Evil' which Ishizu spoke of.

No, Yami Marik did not exist back in Ancient Egypt, she spoke of someone back then, that is why I thought it was Kaiba at first, but now I am convinced it is Anubis.

Back