WoW TCG totally pwns

foldovertongue

Resident Ball-Stomper
For those who are fans of tcg's the WoW tcg is a-fucking-mazing. It combines the greatness of magic and combines it with simplicity while providing awesome characters such as Thrall, Lt. Commander Dudefella, and of course the infamous Leeroy Jenkins. I seriously recommend it; it's relatively cheap (at 4 bucks a pack for 15 cards) and there is currently no expansion sets for it yet because it's still a fledgling game. I am currently running a druid stall deck that still needs some tweaking, but is still pretty good. Anyways, if you doods are interested, then visit this website: http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/default.aspx

and this website is pretty excellent too: http://www.starcitywow.com/

Cards are usually sold at gaming stores like GameStop and EBGames, and where ever local card tournaments are played, probably.

Attachments

• leeroy12et.jpg
    leeroy12et.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
Unfortunately, stall decks have seen little use in regionals, mainly due to the fact that the games they play end up lasting for hours, and everyone else gets annoyed. Hunter, warlock, and shaman decks are by far the most common and usually bring home the goods. But I do love annoying people.

I would consider getting into it, but I know no one who plays. >_> The TCG club really only plays Magic and Yugioh. Magic has never been very appealing to me, and Yugioh is really expensive if you want to make a good deck.

The cheap price is really awesome, but no point unless I know people who play.

You should definitely appeal to the other members of the club and try to get them to all get some starter decks and play each other. The good thing about starters is that you get a random class, like I got a druid deck and Tom got a mage. Also, consider getting the onyxia raid deck, a superpowered deck that is meant to face a team of 3-5 normal decks at once.

I just downloaded the demo deck and played a couple times with my brother, it really is a ton of fun. I just have a few questions because there were something I was confused on...
1) You put a quest card in the resource row. Can you exhaust/tap it for any card, or only when it will be used to complete it's own requirements?
2) When a exhausted/tapped card is defending, can it attack back? Or only when it's untapped/ready?
3) That circle in the bottom right hand corner of the weapons cards is the cost to actually use the weapon right? And the top left is the cost to play it?
4) Can an ally use the ability protect when it's tapped/exhausted?

The raid decks sound REALLY cool. So it's basically a bunch of ridiculously overpowered cards that can only be used in that raid deck?

I'm gunna attempt to answer these questions as best I can.

1. Even quests that are face up in your resource row can be used to pay for any cost (ability, weapon etc). In addition it counts toward it's own completion.

2. I read the rulebook carefully on this, and there's nothing that says tapped allies can't defend. Both the attacker and the defender exchange damage. The only thing a tapped ally can't do on your opponent's turn is protect and use any abilities that card may have.

3. That is correct. With weapons, the number on the bottom right is the cost to swing (tap) the weapon and deal damage with it. The top left number is just the cost to put it on the field w/your hero.

4. I actually let that one slip before, but no if your ally is exhausted, it can't protect.

As for the raid deck, as of now there's only the Onyxia one, which you buy pre-made. As far as I know, you can't modify it with any cards that are in regular boosters. But it really doesn't need it. It's raping ability is still amazing. Later on though, they are going to make more raid decks (I think it's called Ragnaros). So even more craziness will ensue.

Oh, sidenote...you can also play regular multiplayer matches (2 on 2 and so on)

Pegasus, Yeah. I'm a member of the TCG/Anime club at Fordham Prep.

Alright, this is definitely a sweet card game...And the cost is what makes it really appealing to me. :p Me and my brother are gonna pick up starter decks next time I'm at the mall or something. Not being able to drive sucks. >_>

Back