2-D vs 3-D

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
What are the advantages/disadvantages of classic top-down 2-D games versus those of newer 3-D games? What kinds of storylines are typical of each?

2-D games are great because of storyline instead of working more on graphics they work on storyline. 3-D games work on graphics more but have good/okay/excellent story lines. They both are great game styles.

Claw Snuff said:
2-D games are great because of storyline instead of working more on graphics they work on storyline. 3-D games work on graphics more but have good/okay/excellent story lines. They both are great game styles.

I don't know if that would be accurate, since the storyline is usually written independently of the graphics due to division of labor.

NickyPhils said:
I don't know if that would be accurate, since the storyline is usually written independently of the graphics due to division of labor.

Oh really? Think of Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64. It was one of the first 3-D games ever.For its time it had breakthrough graphics and excellent gameplay. Conversely the storyline was short and unoriginal.

The storyline goes like this:
You have a letter from Princess Peach Toadstool.

Dear Mario,
Please come to the castle. I have baked a cake for you.
Sincerely,
Princess Peach

Back