Duel Monsters II?

NickyPhils

CES Staff
There have been rumors of Pegasus planning to start a second tournament, Duel Monsters II. Supposedly, the rules will be the same as the first Duel Monsters Tournament except that Japanese cards will not be allowed, there will be 8000 Life Points, and there will be updated show effects.

I wonder when this tournament will be?

The tournament is scheduled to begin July 15, 2005.

The rules are simple. Just ask the people who were in the first tournament to post them here. Or watch the Ni-Ki-Oh! Lost Episodes DVD for a good idea...

I will sit back and laugh while you try to guess the rules... especially the exciting new changes!

Actually, non-members weren't allowed to compete. The only exceptions were eliminators such as Billy Kaylor who existed in the tournament just to eliminate competitors, but not to be one.

On June 2, Pegasus announced at a private meeting in Woodlawn that a tournament, Duel Monsters II, will indeed be held over this summer in Edgewater Park. There will be "star cards" during the qualifying rounds, and the gameplay rules will be very similar to the unstable rules abided by on Yu-Gi-Oh! and on Ni-Ki-Oh!, with show effects and game mechanics and everything. The rules will be available for all to read (once they have been completely written; they are currently in progress). Duels will be played with 8000 life points and no Japanese cards. Club promos will be allowed even though there will be non-members competing. Players will play by the current restricted list for the trading card game except that they may include one forbidden card in their deck. (The god cards are considered forbidden, but if you use a god card, you must register with the tournament administrator to assure that there is only one of each in the tournament. You must also register Blue-Eyes White Dragons.) More information will become available as the tournament draws near.

The rules are currently available on the CES site. This tournament features its own rulebook, limited list, and card errata. Check it out!

The tournament playoffs commence on Monday. I can just smell the ratings!

Back